Jolly Good Beer will be providing some craft beer joy at the Gwydir Street Car Park Food Fair for this year’s Mill Road Winter Fair. A complimentary beer offering to our pop-up out at Rhode Island in Cherry Hinton (we hope to see you at both!)
It’ll be a simple affair with four keg options, a couple of bright pins of cask ale, and a few bottles.
The bottle range will include the full line-up from London’s Five Points:
- Pale Ale – 4.5% – fresh zesty pale ale hopped with Amarillo, Centennial and Citra
- Railway Porter – 4.8% – rich black porter hopped with East Kent Goldings
- Hook Island Red – 6.0% – hoppy red rye ale hopped with Chinook, Columbus and Simcoe
- IPA – 7.1% – Five Point’s shiny new IPA!
Also Gluten Free beers from Stringers brewery up in Cumbria. These are properly brewed beers that have been de-glutenised. Not the usual watery GF sort of offering!
- Outlook – Gluten Free Golden Ale – 4.9% – Brewed with pale & crystal malts, Northern Brewer & Cascade hops with flavours of caramel, herbal & spicy.
- Outlook – Gluten Free Amber Ale – 3.7% – Brewed with pale & wheat malts, Northern Brewer, Challenger & Mittelfruh hops with flavours of light lemon, herbal & honey.
The casks beers will be decided pretty much on the day – they’ll be “bright” pins of two or three selected beers. Probably a traditional bitter and a stout.
- Five Points
- Railway Porter – 4.8% – unctous porter, excellent for cold days. Aromas of chocolate and coffee with hints of caramel, brewed with British East Kent Goldings hops.
- IPA – 5.5% – four diverse hop varieties drawn from across the globe combine to create complex yet well-balanced golden, dry IPA style beer.
- Simcoe Sour – 3.2% – tart refreshing lacto-sour lightly dry-hopped with Simcoe hops. Sour beers are no new thing and quite popular (and traditional) in some parts of Europe. Refreshing, cleansing – drink this if you like sharp ciders, or citrus juices!
- Weird Beard
- Out of Office – 7% – Ethiopian Coffee IPA brewed with Hasbean Ethiopian Yirgacheffe Konga Sedie Natural beans. This is our “special crazy beer” for the day. We hope you like it as much as we do! Coffee in beer… yum.
If something runs out, we’ll put something else on in place… so drink up on the day! The food fair, and bar, is open from 10.30AM to 4.30PM.
See you there!